Life can change in an instant, and when it does, there’s a good chance you might have to move. And that may include moving out of your parents home, living in a dorm or a small apartment, and hopefully buying a home of your own one day. With each move, you’ll encounter different living situations, some of which will be too cramped for a kitchen or many appliances. That’s where the best electric skillet can come in handy.
Many people love their crockpots. I should know, because I’m one of them, and I have more crockpots than I like to admit. But I must say, they're just not practical for everyone or every meal.
It’s nice to have the option to throw a whole meal in a pot and let it cook while you get other things done. You won’t have to worry about burning your food or stirring constantly. However, there’s a limit on just how many things you can make in a crockpot. Plus, you might not have time to let your food cook for hours on end.
So, while it might seem like the options are endless, some things are just better on a stove top. The best electric skillet on the market will cook your food just like pots and pans on the stove top. So, you can still have your pancakes and bacon for breakfast or burgers and roasted veggies for dinner.
If you’re living in a small space or need a portable stove, there’s no reason you have to eat food from the microwave. It’s time to take advantage of the best electric skillet and start cooking again.
Advantage of the Electric Skillet
There are countless benefits to having an electric skillet on hand. They can be perfect for parties, cramped living spaces, and wild adventures.
Some friends of mine used to take long trips to travel across the United States in one section at a time. They decked out a school bus to make it like an RV and would stay in campgrounds in various states. The best electric skillet was essential to the setup because it made cooking so much easier. They could plug it in and cook whenever they needed to, so it helped them cut down the cost of eating out.
Even if you aren’t taking an epic road trip, it'is handy on regular camping trips, even if it is only for the weekend. You won’t have to worry about starting a fire or how you’re going to cook over an open flame. It all comes down to heating your electric skillet and cooking just like you would at home. Believe it or not, many campgrounds have outlets available. If not, it would be simple to use a jump pack or portable charger to power your device.
That’s what makes an electric skillet ideal if you live in a small apartment, dorm room, or even live out of a hotel for long work trips. It will allow you to cook your own food like you would if you had a stove top.
So if you’re tired of eating out or having a restricted diet, you’ll have the opportunity to make your own food. You can save money, eat healthier, and know what you’re putting into your body. Plus, there are plenty of fantastic one-skillet recipes!
What to look for
Before we get into the best electric skillet options, you should know about a few features that make them more convenient than ever.
First of all, you need to make sure that the electric skillet you choose has detachable heating controls. Most of the best electric skillets on the market now are dishwasher safe with a nonstick surface for easy cleanup. However, you should double check to make sure the skillet you choose has this option. You wouldn’t want to ruin yours because you didn’t check the cleaning instructions.
In the end, it might be easier to use a skillet rather than your typical stove top! You’ll be able to cook a meal in a single pan. Even better, clean up is easy because you can throw the whole unit into the sink or dishwasher.
Another thing to keep in mind is the size of the unit. Electric skillets come in a wide range of sizes, usually between 8-inches to 16-inches with varying depths.
The best electric skillet should also have cool-touch handles and a wide range of temperature controls. It’s especially helpful if they have a “warm” setting. Then you can keep the food hot for guests or when the hubby has an extra-long shift at work.
How We Reviewed
We put together this list to help you find the best electric skillet to fit your needs. With that in mind, we also made sure that this selection is well-received by customers. All of our ratings come directly from Amazon customer reviews. We sorted through endless reviews so we can let you know what everyone loved about these skillets.
Keep in mind that this list of products is not in order from best to worst or based on prices. Our goal was to give you a variety of options so that you can find the best electric skillet to fit your needs.
Save your time and money with the best electric skillet
Needless to say, electric skillets are much more affordable than buying a whole new stove. So, if you’re tight on cash and need to get by until you can save up these will be perfect for you. Although they are ideal for many different situations, especially if you don’t have room for a stove or want to keep food hot for parties.
No matter what the reason is, you can expect to pay anywhere from $40 to $150 for the products on our list. The price will depend on the size and functionality of the unit. Multifunctional or extra large skillets will usually cost more, but you'll be able to use them for a wider variety of meals. Just make sure you're getting the appropriate size for your living space.
The 8 Best Electric Skillets on the Market
When looking for the best electric skillet, you really need to look into the size and capabilities of the unit. Keeping that in mind, we made sure to gather a wide range of sizes. We made sure to include deeper pans that would be perfect for frying, boiling, or making casseroles. We hope to be a huge help in finding the best electric skillet to make cooking possible wherever you live or on your travels.
1. CucinaPro round electric skillet
- 16" Electric Skillet- Crafted from polished 18/10 stainless steel with a non-stick interior, this elegant electric skillet is sure to be a favorite
- Professional Quality- The large skillet is easily big enough to cook food for a family of four. The interior heats evenly and it will cook your meals quickly. Skillet can be hand washed or wiped over with a damp paper towel
- The CucinaPro Skillet comes with a temperature probe, which gives you total control over the cooking process and helps ensure meals turn out perfectly
- Tempered glass lid locks in heat and it allows you to see into the skillet as your food is cooking, making monitoring your progress very easy
- The CucinaPro Electric Skillet has securely attached riveted handles that make it very safe to use The proposed changes are requested to better describe our product for our customers
The CucinaPro round electric skillet comes in two size options of 12-inches or 16-inches wide and is perfect for larger groups and families.
This skillet is especially attractive because it looks like a real pan with cool-touch riveted handles and tempered glass lid. Additionally, you will have excellent control over the temperature, in a pan that always heats up evenly. So, you won’t have to worry about scooting the pan or the food around to make sure it's heating up properly.
Not only will this skillet be easy to use, but it’s also easy to clean. The power cord and temperature controls are removable. But, you should keep in mind that CucinaPro does not rate this as a dishwasher-safe product. They recommend that you clean it in the sink with a soft rag to avoid scuffing up the nonstick finish or damaging the heating element.
2. Liven DHG-263A electric skillet
- This wok is available for 2-4 persons , It is big a little for 1 person . Easy to use: There is a Detachable power cord with three-speed fire adjustment . It is very easy to use for this cooker. Push the power to start, then push firepower to select the level of heat . There are 3 level for choice, they mean small ,middle and big . You can operate it easy as power cord picture here even if no English button.
- Multi-Functions: Big power 1500W, easy to cook dishes even if no gas, can fry, boil, steam, bake. 4L capacity, suitable for 2~4 persons, also is a good choice for shabu shabu hot pot. I and many friends have cooked with it, great.
- Special Good Design: Makes the glass lid stand upright on the table, save space. Anti-hot bakelite handle of the pot body can avoid scalding. Tempered glass lid, convenient to monitor the cooking process.
- Material: Cast aluminum alloy pot body with non-stick coating, thicken pot body, wear-resistant. Streamlined design, elegant appearance.
- After use: Before cleaning, please unplug the power plug and let the pot cool. Do not use the steel ball when washing, please use a soft cleaning cloth, otherwise it will scratch the non- stick layer. Please read the manual book carefully before use and keep it well for future reference.
If you’re looking for an electric skillet that could double as a pot, the Liven DHG-263A electric skillet is ideal. It has a 4-liter capacity and is great for cooking meals for small groups and families. It includes three temperature settings and a detachable power cord.
It’s a bit different from many of the other choices on this list due to the pot-like shape. However, it might be a better choice for that reason since it is exceptional for frying, boiling, steaming and more.
Furthermore, the Liven electric skillet has an aluminum alloy pot, nonstick surface, and a vented glass lid for pressure balance. It will be a fabulous addition to any kitchen because it is built to last, easy to use and even easier to clean.
3. NESCO ES-12 extra deep electric skillet
- Die cast 4" deep skillet; 12"x12" cooking surface
- Easy to read adjustable temperature control
- Premium non-stick interior for easy cleaning
- Durable glass lid with large handle
- Heat resistant stay cool handles
The NESCO ES-12 electric skillet is another extra deep 4-inch pan that could double as a pot. It features a 12-inch wide die-cast pan. It includes adjustable temperature controls and a tempered glass lid. This electric skillet also has cool-touch handles and a metal rack for baking.
Additionally, if you remove the heating probe, you can place this entire unit in the dishwasher, including the lid. So between that and the nonstick surface, it is another skillet that will make cooking and cleaning more relaxed than ever.
This skillet is a fabulous choice if you need a little variety. You can cook everything from a small whole chicken to soup, so it should suit your needs excellently.
4. Zojirushi EP-RAC50 Gourmet d’Expert electric skillet
- 1350-watt multi-functional electric skillet with tempered glass lid
- Titanium-ceramic nonstick-coated flat plate for grilling
- Deep-dish inner pan for making soup or fondue; adjustable-height steaming plate
- Adjustable temperature control; stay-cool side handles; recipes included
- Measures 15 by 17-1/2 by 8-1/8 with the pan, 1-year limited warranty
The Zojirushi EP-RAC50 is a multifunctional electric skillet. It measures in at about 15-inches by 17-inches, with a depth of approximately 8-inches. This electric skillet is titanium ceramic with a nonstick surface.
You can count on highly adjustable temperature controls, cool-touch handles, and a tempered glass lid. The large heating element allows you to heat your food evenly. Plus, this electric skillet comes with two different pans. One is shallow and perfect for grilling, and the other is deep and ideal for one-pot pasta or stirfry. These multifunctional features will make it fantastic for any meal.
The pans are also removable to make swapping a snap. Plus, it makes them easier to clean than any other option on this list. Just pop these nonstick pans in the dishwasher for easy cleanup.
5. Presto 12-inch electric skillet
The Presto electric skillet is ideal for entertaining. You can cook food and keep it warm for parties with highly adjustable temperature settings. The heavy cast aluminum pan is 3-inches deep, 12-inches wide, and includes an easy-pour spout and a tempered glass lid. It’s suitable for a wide range of dishes, and the consistent heat distribution makes it easy to cook your food evenly.
The Presto electric skillet is another nonstick pan that makes cleanup a breeze. Moreover, you can also remove the heat controls to make it dishwasher safe. It will even save you money in the long run because it is incredibly energy efficient.
6. De’Longhi BG45 electric skillet
- The embedded heating element guarantees the most efficient and even cooking in the shortest time
- Non-stick surface, External dimensions (l x w x h inches):19.29 x 11.81 x 8.47
- Adjustable steam vent holes for an easy steam evaporation, Rated voltage/Frequency (V~Hz):110-120 V
- Easy-to-clean with dishwasher-safe lid and non-stick skillet base; Simply place in the dishwasher for fast and convenient cleaning
- Die Cast Aluminum body, Input power (W):1500
If you’re looking for a fantastic classic option, the De’Longhi BG45 electric skillet is an excellent choice. It has a 12-inch by 16-inch die-cast aluminum pan with a nonstick surface. It’s the best electric skillet size if you’re interested in making casserole dishes in addition to other meals.
This unit will also heat your food evenly and has a tempered glass lid with adjustable steam vent holes. Besides those classic features, it is also dishwasher safe if you remove the heating probe before popping it into the machine.
7. Presto 06852 electric skillet
- Made in China
- Deluxe nonstick surface, inside and out, for stick-free cooking and easy cleaning
- Doubles as a handy buffet server when entertaining
- Saves energy more efficient than using a range burner or oven
- Fully immersible and dishwasher safe with the heat control removed
If you liked the 12-inch Presto skillet but thought it was a bit too small, the Presto 06852 is a fantastic alternative. It has a substantial cast aluminum 16-inch base with a nonstick surface inside and out for easy cleanup.
The size makes it an excellent buffet server for entertaining since you can find it online as a single or double-pack. Besides that, it is another electric skillet that has even heat distribution and is the best size for a casserole.
It has a tempered glass lid and removable heat controls. So, this is yet another fantastic choice if you want to be able to put it in the dishwasher. Additionally, it is energy efficient and incredibly easy to use for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or when you have guests over.
8. Elite Platinum EG-6203 heavy duty electric skillet
- SIMPLIFY MEAL TIME with our family sized 8-quart electric skillet. Enjoy fluffy pancakes, gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches and flavorful stir fried veggies. Serves 6 to 8 people
- LOCK IN FLAVORS and moisture with the clear, tempered glass lid. Extra Large 16" x 13" x 3. 15" pan dimensions let you fry chicken for the whole family, and an integrated easy-pour spout lets you drain off excess juices
- RAPID + EVEN HEAT from our fully-embedded m-shaped heating element. With its Trigger-Release control probe, you can pinpoint temperatures of 200-400°f degrees and prevent hot spots and scorched food
- DISHWASHER SAFE and fully immersible in your sink for fast, easy clean-up upon removal of the temperature control unit. Thick cast aluminum body with Black lacquer finish resists rusting or warping for added resilience
- PFOA FREE honeycomb non-stick quickly releases food for a no-fuss quick and easy clean up. Scratch resistant surface allows for worry-free cooking
Make any meal more straightforward than ever with the Elite Platinum EG-6203 8-quart electric skillet. It measures at about 16-inches by 13-inches and is 3-inches deep. So, it’s perfect for casserole dishes and serving guests. Moreover, it can feed up to eight people at a time with a heavy-duty, cast-aluminum pan.
This electric skillet also includes a tempered glass lid, cool-touch handles, and even heat distribution. Most importantly, Elite Platinum used an embedded M-shaped heating element and temperature controls, so heating food evenly will be effortless. And draining away grease is simpler than ever with an easy-pour spout.
Also, you can also remove the heat controls to make this nonstick electric skillet dishwasher safe.
Cook Anything, Anywhere
The best electric skillet is going to make your life so much easier. Whether you’re on the hunt because you live in a dorm or need a buffet server, this list should be a big help. Most people severely underrate electric skillets because they don’t think they need one. If you have a stove, you have it all, right?
Well, if you enjoy entertaining or have a busy family that all get home at different times, you’re going to need to keep food warm. It’s much easier to use an electric skillet to get the job done.
In addition to being incredibly convenient, they’re also remarkably easy to use, maybe even more accessible than a stove top. These electric skillets have adjustable temperature settings that will help you heat food evenly and keep it at a steady temperature.
Plus, most of these units can be dishwasher safe and have a nonstick surface. They work perfectly for everything from making soup to stir-fry and are going to make life so much simpler.
So, if you need a makeshift stovetop to save money and eat out less, the best electric skillet will serve you well. Let us know about your experiences, one-pot recipes, or your favorite electric skillet models in the comment section below!